• HP Latex R2000 Printer introduced, featuring HP Latex Rigid printing technology and HP Latex White Ink
• True hybrid for flexible and rigid printing, accommodates materials up to 2.5-meters/98-inches wide and up to 5-cm/2-inches thick
Today at the FESPA Global Print Expo, HP Inc. unveiled the HP Latex R2000 Printer, the first hybrid solution for rigid and flexible sign and display printing in one device. HP announced its new Rigid Technology at the ISA Sign Expo in March, highlighting how customers will now be able to expand their offering into new, high-value applications while also opening fresh creative ideas and concepts for sign and display.
The first printer in the R Series is the game-changing HP Latex R2000 Printer, which today made its world debut at FESPA at the HP Yesville booth (#3.2 C20). The printers are commercially available beginning next month.
“Anyone who tracks this industry knows today is a major milestone in printing as we unveil the HP Latex R2000 Printer,” said Joan Pérez Pericot, General Manager, HP Large Format Graphics Business, HP Inc. “HP developed this breakthrough technology based on print service providers (PSPs) continued request for an HP Latex printer to print on both rigid and flexible materials using our water-based inks. This introduction is another step forward in how HP creates the best experiences for our customers, continually reinventing the possibilities of print.”
Coupled with the revolutionary HP Latex White Ink – delivering the the glossiest white3 on transparent and colored media – The HP Latex R2000 Printer powers PSPs with ultimate versatility through a single ink set. Applications such as retail, outdoor signage, window graphics, events and exhibitions, decoration and car wrapping are now a possibility.
Advanced engineering and driving high productivity, printer performance specifics include:
• High-speed quality up to 88 sqm/h (947 sqf/h) – continuous loading
• High accuracy belt system and productive workflow with 14 automatic independent chambers
• Reliable flexible printing, leveraging assets from current portfolio, up to 100kg rolls
• Redesigned HP Latex Inks to achieve vibrant color gamut on rigid while preserving media gloss and feel, and prints with no smell2
• Durable and flexible water-based ink for high adhesion and scratch resistance with a new HP Latex Overcoat3
• Lower temperatures allowing wide media versatility
• Automatic maintenance, smart vacuum, and easy loading
• Productivity enhanced with HP Smart Services
Availability varies by region and country.